Refer to this page for service-specific refund policies offered by Sweetfox Corp. Within this document clients, customers, or client shall hereafter be referred to as “Client”.
Universal Statements Concerning Refunds, Credits, & Cancellations
- All deposits for services are non-refundable, with the exception of logo branding (see below).
- All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing via US Mail or a signed, dated PDF letter sent via Email. No other methods will be accepted.
- Sweetfox will not issue credit towards another purchase.
Website Design Refunds
Due to the availability of coding, graphics and template design during the website development process, it is nearly impossible for us to know if Client has downloaded local copies of the work that has been performed. Thus, no refunds can be given for invoices rendered and paid, yet Client will retain rights to all work that has received payment.
- Should Client fail to initiate the creation process by not responding to requests for information within 30 days Client’s account will be considered inactive and the Project will terminate. No refunds or credits will be given for any payments made for work performed.
- If Client cancels the project prior to commencement of design phase: 50% of “total fees,” defined as the Project Total Cost, will not ineligible for refund.
- If Client cancels the project after design work has begun but prior to completion of finished work: 90% of Project Total Cost will be ineligible for refund.
- If Client cancels the project after website has been coded and released for User Acceptance Testing (UAT): 100% of Project Total Cost will be ineligible for refund.
- The Project Total Cost is defined as the total amount of the cost of the project based upon Client expectations and requests.
- Example: Client requests Sweetfox Corp Image create a website for them. Client pays $1250 deposit. Client receives rough estimate of $2500 for entire site development and agrees to estimate. If Client cancels prior to design phase, then Client will be held responsible for up to $1250. If Client cancels after design work has begun but prior to completion, then Client may be held liable for up to $2500. If Client cancels during UAT phase, then Client will be held liable for the entire $2500.
Website Hosting & E-mail Solutions Refunds
- All website hosting and e-mail only solutions have a 100% 30-day refund guarantee. What does this mean? If you are not satisfied with the hosting server on which your website or e-mail server resides and wish to cancel, you will get a 100% refund of your payment if you cancel prior to 30 days from the date your account was activated.
- Refunds will be credited back to the payment method you elected during sign up. No checks will be sent. After 30-days, all cancellations will receive pro-rated refunds based upon payment schedule and payments made.
- Example: Client paid for a full-year of our Hosting Package ($150.00) and uses 45 days (1-½ months) of the service. Client will receive a refund for 10 months. Partial month usage is not refundable. Client will receive a pro-rated refund of $125.00.
- This principle applies to all website hosting and e-mail solution packages.
Logo Branding Refund
- Because deposit for logo branding is also the full price, Client may cancel their logo branding services and receive a refund based on the following schedule:
- Before first round of proofs sent to Client – 75% of deposit.
- After Client receives first round of proofs – ineligible for a refund.
Other Graphics Design Refunds
- Based on the nature of copyright infringement and creative theft, all deposits/invoices are considered non-refundable.
- Graphics design payment invoices will be sent before the completion of the initial proof of the requested graphic. All requests for refunds after initial proof has been sent to Client will not be honored.
Other product refund information
Domain names and SSL Certificates are not eligible for refunds. Cancellation is allowable through written explanation sent via Email or US Mail. Client domain name(s) and / or SSL certificate(s) will be valid until the purchased expiration date but will no longer be renewed.
Sweetfox Corp is committed to customer satisfaction. However, we are not responsible for typing, color, image, or design errors introduced by customers in the document creation process.
- Since each order is unique to each customer it has no re-sale value, therefore All Sales Are Final. If we verify that we made an error on our end, we will re-print the order. No Refunds or Credit.
- Customer must notify Sweetfox Corp within 6 business days of order acceptance to notify any defects discovered in the ordered product. In order to receive a replacement the customer must return 100% of the received product within 5 days (at their own expense) from the time when the delivery was received.
- All new charges related to expediting printing (Rush Printing or Shipping) are NON REFUNDABLE, including those orders that are returned for any reason.
- Printing can not be unauthorized or stopped once print is approved via our web portal, email, or written documentation.
Shipping & Handling
- Original shipping and handling charges are not refundable if product has been shipped.
- All Refunds are issued to the original payment method once the item is received and inspected.
Terms & Conditions
1. Sweetfox Corp will act as the prime contractor for the development and will sub-contract specific portions of the task as required, except that Sweetfox Corp permanent staff will act as Project Managers and primary contact point for all dealings with the client.
2. Deliverables and payments for the work to be undertaken are detailed in the schedule supplied in Clients’ Website Proposal or detailed in the product pages. Once development work has begun, changes and additions to the required tasks will only be accepted by negotiation with Sweetfox Corp.
3. The duration of the project will be as defined in the schedule supplied. Extensions to this timeframe caused by non-delivery of materials or non-completion of agreed tasks by the client as specified in the schedule of this document may result in additional charges by Sweetfox Corp, such charges to be agreed in writing at each payments stage specified in the Website Proposal schedule or on the product page.
4. If extensions to the agreed timescale become necessary due to the non-delivery by the client of agreed content, assets, sign-offs or other necessary components on or before the deadline dates specified in the Website Proposal schedule supplied, Sweetfox Corp reserve the right to invoice pro-rata for work carried out up to the agreed payment date.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the client to ensure that all data and content assets supplied to Sweetfox Corp are legally permitted for use, and that any restrictions on use or necessary copyright notices are notified in writing to Sweetfox Corp. Sweetfox Corp accept no liability for breach of copyright or other intellectual rights on data included in the finished product.
6. It shall be the responsibility of Sweetfox Corp to ensure that all software and screen design elements used within the developed product are legally permitted for use, and that any restrictions on use or necessary copyright notices or license requirements are notified in writing to the client.
7. Staged development will result in deliverables as specified in the Website Proposal schedule supplied. Payment for each stage will be due on delivery. Payment will be tendered within 5 days of our invoice.
Schedule payments include:
Client pays 50% after the acceptance of the project/proposal.
Client pays remaining 50% when site is completed*. Sweetfox Corp deploys website from the staging area to the final destination once final payment is received.
8. Travel expenses for necessary meetings and approved journeys undertaken by Sweetfox Corp staff and associates will be charged to the client at cost.
9. Sweetfox Corp and its sub-contractors shall ensure that the services are carried out with reasonable care and skill in accordance with the client’s instructions. In the event of any element of the services provided being unacceptable, and it being shown that this is due to negligence on the part of Sweetfox Corp and its sub-contractors, then our only obligation shall be either to repeat that element of the service at no extra cost, or to refund (or waive) any money paid (or payable) for that element of the service. These warranties specify the entire liability. Whilst Sweetfox LLC will take all necessary steps to ensure that delivered applications are complete and bug free, final testing and approval of the delivered product shall be the responsibility of the client.
10. On release of the website, Sweetfox Corp will undertake second-line technical support of the product for a period of 1 month; on no account will Sweetfox Corp be involved in direct customer support unless client is hosted on Sweetfox’s servers. The technical support will be limited to website malfunctions only.
11. All intellectual property rights associated with any original computer software source code developed under this agreement remain the property of the third party developer or Sweetfox Corp. The client will be granted a royalty free, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to publish and use it, in part or in whole, for subsequent development of the product(s) covered by this agreement. A copy of the source code, together with its associated documentation, will be retained by both parties at the end of the contract period.
12. The completed project may include executable code from other sources. Sweetfox Corp will ensure that it has the access to use such code. In addition, where it is required that this code be distributed to the end-user, then Sweetfox Corp will ensure that it has the necessary access to grant the license as described in the previous paragraph.
The intellectual property rights associated with the user interface, screen designs and the overall ‘look and feel’ of the product will become the non-exclusive property of the client.
13. Sweetfox Corp will be appropriately acknowledged within the product and associated documentation as designers and software developers of the product. Other personnel and organizations sub-contracted by Sweetfox Corp to carry out specific tasks will also be appropriately acknowledged within the product and associated documentation.
14. This agreement may be terminated at any time by the client, provided such termination is notified in writing. The client will agree to pay within 30 days all amounts due under the terms of the agreement and/or Website Proposal Schedule up to the date on which notification is received, with pro-rate payment for dates which fall between scheduled payment stages. On receipt of payment, Sweetfox Corp will give client access to all material and software produced to date.
15. This agreement may be terminated at any time by Sweetfox Corp with 7 days written notice. The client will agree to pay within 5 days all amounts due under the terms of the agreement up to the agreed termination date, with pro-rata payment for dates which fall between scheduled payment stages. On receipt of payment, Sweetfox Corp will give client access to all material and software produced to date.
16. Sweetfox Corp will add a link to the footer specifying that Sweetfox was the developer of the mentioned website.
17. Sweetfox Corp assumes no liability or responsibility for website performance which is directly associated with client elected hosting or payment gateway services.
18. Customizations are not included in the Basic installation service.
19. Clients hosted on Sweetfox’s servers pay recurring fees monthly, yearly, or per quarter. If payments are not received by the 5th day the bill is due, then client’s website will be automatically suspended. A $29 will be added to to your outstanding balance. All hosting and reinstatement fees most be paid before service is reinstalled.
* If the client’s website is not complete by the agreed timescale due to the non-delivery by the client of agreed content, assets, sign-offs or other necessary components on or before the deadline dates specified in the Website Proposal schedule supplied, Sweetfox Corp reserve the right to close the project & invoice pro-rate for work carried out up to the agreed payment date.